10/100 MBit Ethernet Mirror-TAP
– Fully passive network access
– For 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX networks
– Real zero-delay on network side (< 1 ns)
– Network connection stays active, even without attached power supply
– Usable as a permanent diagnostic access point
To eliminate the need of performing network disruptions, the netMIRROR Test-Access-Point (TAP) allows continuous mirroring of the Ethernet traffic without influencing the network itself. A TAP is built in permanently, typically directly on the controllers outgoing Ethernet connection and thus allows the disruption-free connection of a diagnostic device during run-time. Additionally TAPs ensure that a connected diagnostic device or PC for telegram capture would not interfere the network by accidentally injected Ethernet traffic.
TAPs, compared to switches with activated mirror port, guarantee that the timing of the network traffic is maintained, and that no traffic will be rejected at high network load or telegram errors.